Crossvegas Results Cross Vegas Results

Interbike was great..Cross Vegas was probably the most stacked field in US history. With Page, Trebon, Kabush, Heule, Powers, Frattini, Johnson, Craig, McCormack, Wells x2, and about everyone else that rocks. THE TOP 15 heck the TOP 30 was full of the Super stars of American cross........... 4 rows back I started 32nd. RESULTS CAN BE FOUND HERE
http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/Results4Event.cfm?Action=Edit&theKey=688&EventKey=937&C=1&Season=2007&Sortby=datedown&ShowDisabled=0

Not a bad place to start and about as good as it gets if you were not a REAL pro. I managed to finish 32nd about 4 minutes in the rear of Trebon. One of my best days on the CX bike. I was probably in the MID 50's after the first lap. and moved up from there. I got off the line great but it was a wall of riders and really no where to move up considerably. I chilled and waited till the 2nd lap when things calmed a bit and started to move up from there. I passed about 20 riders before it was all said and done. I felt strong on the slow grass. It was very similar to what I have been training on. After a full day standing and working at interbike I was amazed that the legs felt stellar. I had enough caffine in the system that I am not sure I even nocticed the pain. It was great to race in such a powerful field this early in the season. Still tons of work to be done but I rode one of my best efforts ever on the CX bike.
I pretty much took the PAST week off with work. So Sunday will be the only day I get to train. I will do a few hours on the trainer and try to get in 60 minutes of threshold work and a short RUN. Monday I will restart the PLAN and follow it till Nationals. I will probably ad a few more efforts here and there. No doubt this is the fittest I have been for CX. To pass some of the riders mid race who finished in the TOP 15 at natonals was a cool feeling. Till Louisville and the first Gran Prix race it is time to train. Back to work......

No comments: