END of week 3 REST

Well I had high hope of an epic CX battle this weekend but a nice head cold Kicked my butt and snow came by the inches. The mix of the shotty weather(perfect for CX) but not when your sick. And just feeling like Crud messed with the racing plans. I was able to recover and do the 20 minute, 15 minute, 10 minute and 5 minute on SUNDAY on the trainer. Felt solid but tired for sure. I did have a great 20 minute effort but the legs felt pretty week. I survived the rest of the workout. Since I didn't race and took Friday/Saturday virtually off I did race simulation today on the CX bike. I did 4x11 minute race efforts. They were hard but I didn't nail it the full on. Now I rest to this weekend and the Gran Prix of CX in Louisville. With NO UCI points I might be starting pretty far back. I hope to get a decent start position and make up for it the last half of the race. Now I get to rest,, rest and rest. I feel like I have been ON for about 8 weeks so this will be nice.

No comments: