Doing the HomeWork

I have been in school(CX) now for almost 8 weeks. I have repeated 8 weeks or so of the plan and I am currently putting out watts that I have never had during CX season. My legs are tired...But I continue to have great numbers. I suffer through most of the workouts and want to quit but I made a promise to myself to get all the work done. Today was 3x20's After the 8x5's yesterday on the CX bike and pretty low watts I wanted to bail on todays ride. I jumped on the trainer this morning and did the 4x1 high cadence to warm up. They felt awful at first. By the last 1 I starting to feel pretty good. So i started the 20 minute a bit Low and ramped. I hit 5.25 watts to KILO indoor with pretty tired legs. I barely cracked 170 Hrate so I had a bit more in the tank but I had 2 more efforts and didn't want to sell the farm today. I think i could have hit 5.4-5.5 if I was outdoor or really got after it today. The other 2 efforts were lower but I still had a few moments of sunshine. The last effort I started well below 300( I was BLOWN) and ramped to 350 for the last 5 minutes. I was done before that effort started, but made myself get it done. I race a double this weekend in MT. Curious to see how I feel. I think Saturday is at 7000 ft. I am sure that will make for some BIG hurt. So basically I have completed the first 2 cycles and am hitting the best numbers I have ever had for CX. For those of you out there suffering I promise you are going to see some results. I am SHOCKED at what I am seeing. My goal was 5.5 for 20 minutes before Natz.. I now want a 20 minute PR in MID November and a 5 MINUTE-PR also. Next week I am going to throw down on a 20 minute to see where I am at.

No comments: