CX season came to end THEN BELGIUIM FOR WORLDS

Well the CX season came to an END. BUMMER. All this fitness and no where to go.
MY FTP was higher than ever before for cross. My 20 minute power was a stellar 5.5 watt to kilo and I was riding near 6.5 for 5 minutes. I had developed a powerful motor....But as we all know......CROSS is just as much about SKILL as it is about power.
Nationals......went OK, but I had no answer for the snow and ICE.
The masters race 30-34... I pulled off a TOP 10. Good enough for a front row again next year, but I got greedy early and paid.....I just couldn't turn lemons into LEOMONADE. LIKE everyone in my race I had to battle the conditions, and they got the best of me......I went from 3rd to about 35th or so....after a first lap mistake. I was able to move back up....but on that course... that day... this is the best I could ever expect to do. We all have certain styles we can/cannot race and this was pretty hard for me. I wish I had better SKILLS (chicks dig guys with skills)Napoleon dynamite..

In the elite race I had a stellar start position!! With the UCI points.... I was in the 4th ROW. Unfortunately, I found myself not really able to move up...or fall back. I finished in the MID 30's. A great ride when you look at how fast the CX scene is getting. Last year I had a bit better finish, but in the "ICE" this was all I could really pull off. Survival mode was the name of the game for me. After hitting the ground several times......I saw Trebon getting carried off the course and I rode pretty scared for the rest of the race. It was a bit anti-climatic. All this fitness and no where to GO!


For those of you who made it to KANSAS ..an ICE storm pretty much made the course a FROZEN hard rutted nightmare. It was scary for me to just navigate the course at full speed. I found to hard to pedal for much of the course. Certainly a great weekend for the GUYS with mad SKILLS and Big engines.


So after CX ended I got a phone call from a good friend that was headed to BELGIUM to race Masters Worlds. I bought a plane ticket, and 5 weeks later we were riding cobbles and racing in Belgium for a few weeks. We raced a FLEMISH CUP race and I rode from the back row all the way up to 6th!! It was a great ride for me. TONS of MUD and the course was SUPER slow.. Perfect. Then we raced masters worlds. A flat course that was primarily single track and fast. I got called up to the BACK row. No joke. I was the 2nd to last person called. I was able to move up to 2oth or something like that by the end of the race. It was blast and a great way to end the season. We rode parts of ROUBAIX and tons of the climbs on the Flanders course. It was one of the best trips I have ever been on. I hope 2008 CX season gets here quickly. I am ready to roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: