jingle cross UCI ROCKED IT!

Jingle Cross UCI...All of the eggs in one basket...

Well any doubts I have had during the suffering this season went away at Jingle Cross. I had stellar legs. I was able to track down some valuable UCI pts(14) and put together 2 great rides. 6th and 7th........ 2 KILLER days for me..
All the hard work paid off. This is the best I will ride all season. The courses were perfect for me. Lots of slow grass and climbs.
There have been more workouts lately that I have suffered through than earlier in the season. With tons of travel and driving across the country..a short ski trip with Hunter..family.. snow.. we all seem to find reasons to not train or to miss a ride or 2. I have done my best to remain true to the plan with a few tweaks to fit in LIFE. I felt like it was all falling apart until a 350 watt 20 minute yesterday on the trainer ........Now I am back mentally at least... Nationals are in 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it. I am on a ski vacation at the moment and taking 2 days off. Friday I will train and Saturday RACE and Sunday or maybe I will get in some TEMPO.... Then I have to cross my fingers I can repeat the effort I had in IOWA. If you are doing the plan I am sure you have had some days that you wanted to quit or couldn't hit the wattage's.... I have had plenty of those.... WE made it. I just hope Kansas is a fitness course. I have the legs to ride a great hour.

No comments: